- Advocate USGBC and the LEED rating system on a local level
- Organize building tours for projects that incorporate the aspects of sustainable design
- Speak at events and award ceremonies
- Educate the community and members of important events relevant to our mission statement
- Provide resources of local suppliers, consultants and companies that can help a project earn LEED certification
- Provide information about environmentally-friendly residential design and strategies to improve the sustainability of your residence.
- Consult on how to become a LEED Accredited Professional, facilitate study group formation.
- Present networking opportunities.
The Nebraska Flatwater Chapter is led by a Board of Directors to govern decision making and provide support to committees. Committees are groups of individuals headed by a Committee Chair. You can read more about each committee via the sidebar links at the left.
The flowchart below shows how our chapter fits into the national USGBC structure.
The National USGBC BOD is responsible for the vision, values and mission of USGBC nationally. The Chapter Steering Committee is responsible for providing chapter-related policy recommendations to the National BOD and provides input and guidance to USGBC staff in its implementation of USGBC programs that engage chapters and their members. Chapter regional councils are comprised of chapter volunteer representatives from the eight USGBC Regions. The Heartland region is made up of fifteen chapters across the Midwest.